Saturday 30 November 2013 -
Jardin des plantes - botanical garden
A garden without the botanics.
In 1950, in this garden on the hills, the Three Gauls Roman Amphitheatre was discovered.
Built lower down and separated from the rue Lucien Sportisse, the jardin des plantes has kept its original name, even though its role has changed: it was a botanical garden at the beginning of the 19th century, and in 1857 it was transferred to the Park de la Tête d'Or.
Shops, boutiques and malls